Fall and winter are the best seasons when it comes to warm and welcoming food. Whether you’re drinking it, eating it, or just smelling it, pumpkin spice dominates as a fall classic. That’s why we thought it would be the perfect time to introduce our favorite pumpkin spice muffin recipe!
These pumpkin spice muffins have been a favorite in my house ever since I first learned how to make them in middle school. I got the recipe from my home economics teacher. We had us make this recipe one day in class and I loved it so much that I chose to save the recipe. The use of fresh pumpkin and sour cream makes these muffins extra moist and delicious.
These muffins are fantastic straight out of the oven and even better when they’ve had a day to sit! These are perfect for breakfast, events, or even a midday snack!
- 2 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup pumpkin purée (fresh or canned)
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup fat free milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- ¾ cup chocolate chips (optional but recommended)
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF (190ºC)
- Combine the dry ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk together
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients
- Combine remaining wet ingredients in a small bowl
- Add the wet ingredients into the well of the flour mixture stirring until well combined
- Stir in chocolate chips (optional)
- Pour into a cupcake pan filled 2/3 of the way to the top (cupcake liners optional)
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in the center
- Remove muffins from the pan and cool on a wire rack
As always, let us know what you think about our recipe! Check out our other recipes and articles in our blog! And we continue to emphasize, give your fruits and veggies the life that they deserve!